How to Pause, Cancel, Restart Google Play Store and Android App Subscription
Google App subscriptions have become a lot more common in recent years, with many Google Play applications offering free trials too. But if you are no longer using your subscription or weren’t impressed by what it had to offer, you can pause, cancel or restart at any time. Not sure how to do that through the app itself? You can head to Google Play Store instead. Here is how to pause, cancel, restart a subscription on the Play Store.
How to Cancel a Google Play Store Subscription on Android
The easiest way to cancel Android app subscriptions is by using your Android smartphone.
Start by launching the “Play Store” app. If you can’t find it on your device, swipe up on your home screen to open the app drawer and then scroll around until you locate the app.
Next, tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top-left corner of the interface.
Tap on the “Subscriptions” option found halfway down the list.
You should now see every subscription you’re paying for through the Google Play Store. Tap on the subscription that you want to cancel.
Select the “Cancel Subscription” link found at the bottom of the page.
Provide a reason for canceling the subscription and then tap the “Continue” button.
Confirm that you wish to cancel the Android app’s Play Store subscription by selecting the “Cancel Subscription” button.
Your app subscription will remain active through the end of your billing period.
If it’s a new subscription, you might be able to request a refund from the Google Play Store.
How to Cancel a Google Play Store Subscription From the Web
If you no longer have access to an Android device or you’d instead handle your finances from your computer, you can cancel app subscriptions through the Google Play Store’s website.
Begin by visiting the Google Play Store from your browser of choice. From there, select the “My Subscriptions” link found in the left sidebar.
Next, click on the “Manage” button on the right-hand side of your screen that’s associated with the subscription that you’d like to cancel.
Select the “Cancel Subscription” option found at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
Finally, click the “Cancel Subscription” button to confirm your decision.
Again, the subscription will remain active through the end of your billing period.
How to pause a Google Play Store subscription
The first thing you need to know is that canceling is not the only available option. If you are short on cash, in some cases, you can pause payment for a month and continue your subscription on the next. Only some apps offer this, but it’s worth checking if they do. Here is how to do that:
- Open Google Play on your Android phone or tablet.
- Check which account is currently signed in if you are using multiple or sharing the device with family members.
- Tap the menu button in the upper left corner (three lines), followed by Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to pause.
- Tap Manage. If the app offers this option you will see Pause payments. Tap it.
- If you will be able to select the time period you’d like to pause for. All that’s left to do after is tap Confirm.
We should note, however, that your subscriptions will be paused at the end of your current billing period.
How to restart a Google Play Store subscription
Sometimes you many need to pause or cancel subscriptions because they’re not convenient or you’re too busy to take advantage of them. The good news is that restarting them is possible. So, if you’ve recently bought a new app and want to restart the new app subscription, here is how to do that:
- Once again open the Play Store app and head to the menu.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- If you recently cancelled a subscription or paused it, it will appear on the list.
- Select Manage and then Resume. Your subscription will be reactivated immediately.
- How to Use an Android Smartphone as a Webcam on Windows PC
- How to Request a Refund From the Google Play Store
- How to Customize Siri Suggestion, Spotlight Search on iOS platforms
- How to Make Group Voice and Video Calls on WhatsApp