How To Track Someone With Phone Number in Nigeria
We all have reasons why we need to track someone with the use of their phone number(s). Usually a lot of people make use of a phone tracker to determine the location of a phone especially if it has been stolen.
Alternatively, you can as well track a person with their phone number with the use of modern technology softwares which uses Global Positioning System (GPS). With this navigational system you can know how to track a stolen phone if you have the phone number of the phone that was stolen.
This post will show you how to track a stolen phone with a phone number and it will also include the top phone number trackers in Nigeria that does this easily.
These days, modern technology has made it possible to help track a phone using a SIM card, in a case of phone theft. By this, a lot of people may be inquisitive to say, ‘what if my SIM card is removed from my stolen phone?’. This is not an issue as in the method we would expound, from your phone’s information, the location of the user can be tracked by means of encodings of the present SIM card in it.
It’s very obvious that the issue of phone theft is the most reason why people go on to track their phones. Additionally, the use of appplication trackers are made to track someone by using the phone number of the SIM. These applications are always employed in cases of strange phone calls, scamming calls, phone harrasment, and other cybercrimes related to the use of mobile numbers.
The major reason people might need to find out who is using a phone number is in the case of:
- A scammer who wants to discover information about you and take your money and run a way.
- A colleague who wants to get details of your business, or a prankster who is likely messing about.
- An ex-partner such as a girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or wife
- A business partner whose business deal with you went wrong
In case you are also experiencing the following:
- Unknown individual disturbing your phone continually with calls
- Someone calling you and refusing to identify himself/herself
- Someone who keeps calling you even after you have requested no further contact or after they have been blocked.
- Someone trying to intimidate you over the phone by using tactics such as switching identities, silence, deep voice, etc.
Whoever it is that is calling you, it is important you can recognize the caller so as to realize what further advances to take in respect to this.
Nevertheless, in using any medium to know a user of a particular phone number, don’t fall a victim of fraudsters. There are various sites that offers this service of finding a phone or someone through the phone number. Don’t give your details even your phone number just like that. Try not to give any of your data on sites that you know nothing about. Guarantee you read information about the site. A whole lot of them just need your phone number so they can spam or scam you later on.
How To Use Phone Number And Locate A Stolen Phone
Although, thieves can easily use the phones they stole by replacing the old SIM card in the phone with a new one. But did you know that you can track and locate the person or the lost phone using the SIM’s validation and encoding capability? Below is how to track someone with phone by using the SIM card number.
1. Call your phone number: This way, your network provider will be able to track the last known location of your phone. Though this step may be skipped in some circumstances, but it is important to this.
2. Next, get your phone’s box: i.e. the package that contained your phone when bought. In the box, look for your phone’s international mobile equipment identity or IMEI. It’s the number unique to your mobile device given by GSM network. IMEI is very essential due to the fact that your network provider uses it to locate lost phones and prevent a thief from connecting to network.
3. Call your network provider: The next measure to take is to call your mobile network provider, give them your mobile phone number. Request for the SIM card number that is connected with your IMEI and phone number (i.e. that SIM card that is presently in the phone).
You may thereafter need to get in touch with the network provider again after knowing the phone number, because they store call logs which implies that you can ask some inquiries regarding certain calls with the SIM card.
However, for security reasons, network providers will only give you the city and state from where the call was made even if you have fully authenticated your story or reasons for needing this information. You can also tell them to look out for the phone number in case something else comes up.
4. Contact phone manufacturer: While the assistance of your network provider will also be needed in tracking the location of your SIM card. But if paradventure your original SIM card has been replaced, using the IMEI of your phone will help the network provider or the phone manufacturer to trace the new SIM card number of your lost phone. By this, they will be able to know information and the identity of the user of the SIM card.
This method is based on only through the network provider and phone manufacturer. There might be times that the network provider or phone manufacturer will be unavailable, or they might not want to help and this will prompt delay. Alternatively, we have come up with another method to track the identity of a stolen mobile phone number.
- Also Read: Best Medical Schools in Nigeria
- The Most Amazing Places to Visit In Africa
- BACK TO SCHOOL: 10 WAYS STUDENTS CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM COVID-19
How To Use Application Softwares To Track A Phone Number
The use of software applications that tracks the identity of a phone number, especially the callers, is also applicable in knowing the Identity of a caller.
Before you can make use of application software, you will need a Smart phone or A Tablet or A laptop/computer.
The following are phone number application trackers that are generally used in Nigeria, because of their trust and functionality:
This might not be the first time of hearing this app, but the unawareness of what it can do might have been what you were missing. Truecaller is a caller ID application that permits you track someone by using his or her number, it is one of the greatest and well-known caller ID app that allows you track a person by phone number. The application is also free for use. True caller is also capable of tracking caller locations. With True caller, you can also avoid spam calls, spam SMS and even block or eradicate unwanted, undesirable contacts.
How The Truecaller App Works
The Truecaller app works through phone contacts. In the event that someone who has your contact on their phone’s contact list downloads the Truecaller application, your own contact details (name and number) gets added to the worldwide Truecaller database.
Be that as it may, Truecaller identification capacity will inquire and search the database and distinguish you, in this manner in a roundabout way “opening” your personality and making it known to the guest if the person is not available in your contact list.
However, Truecaller doesn’t immediately make your contact details available but users can search based on your name. As soon as you call any Truecaller user that does not have you on their contact list, the app’s caller ID function will query the database and identify you, thus indirectly “unlocking” your identity and making it known to the caller.
This is a specified application that assists in revealing the identity of a phone number who much of the time calls you. It will also help you uncover the hidden-phone number.
How Trapcall App Works
First, you should have Trapcall App downloaded into your phone. The application is acessible for both andriod and iphone users. In case you haven’t downloaded it, you can download at Playstore or any other download sites.
After downloading the application, Sign up to activate the service.
When there is an incoming call from an unknown caller (somebody whom you don’t have their contact, which could be a blocked caller, or a private caller), Trapcall will send the data of the caller directly to you after you have declined the call, Trapcall will also include all the information and location of the person.
For Premium and Ultimate users of the Trapcall app, you will be provided with the name and address of the caller. The app provides you with Live Caller ID (only on iPhone), with which you can put a name and a face to an unrecognized caller. Live caller ID also saves a contact on your phone with this information so that if you get a call from this number again, you’ll see their information as soon as you receive the call.
We hope these methods were easy enough to carryout on how to check and track an unknown phone number using some software applications.
There are different websites that will offer you phone number tracking services. You must be very cautious because many of these websites are not secure and could be out to scam you. Do not provide any of your information on websites that you do not know anything about. Ensure you read reviews about a website before you trust them. Some of these websites only want your phone number so they can send spam messages in the future and you want to avoid such. In case of a stolen phone, you can find out the location of the phone by using mobile phone tracking via GPS rather than phone number tracking. GPS tracking will track the phone more directly and you will get the right location.
We hope this writeup on how to track someone with phone number in Nigeria will help you in case of necessity.